MCSA Windows Server 2008 Server Admin 70-646
A server administrator is responsible for the operations and day-to-day management of an infrastructure of servers for an enterprise organization. Windows server administrators manage the infrastructure, Web, and IT application servers. The Windows server administrators use scripts and batch files written by others or those that they occasionally write themselves to accomplish tasks on a regular basis. They conduct most server management tasks remotely by using Terminal Server or administration tools installed on their local workstation. A server administrator’s primary tasks include:
• Managing the server operating system, file, and directory services
• Software distribution and updates
• Profiling and monitoring assigned servers
Server administrators also support engineering projects. Server administrators are responsible for server builds and configuration. Their job role involves 60 percent operations, 20 percent engineering, and 20 percent support tasks.
Before attending this course, students should have up to one year of experience with implementing server plans although they have probably not yet had full responsibility for planning.
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
• A strong familiarity with Windows deployment technologies and implementation.
• A strong familiarity with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
• A strong familiarity with Active Directory directory service technologies and implementation.
3 lesdagen inclusief examen 70-646
- Planning for Windows Server 2008 Deployment
- Managing Server Migration
- Planning Windows Server 2008 Server Roles
- Creating a Configuration Change Plan for Windows Server 2008 - Managing Windows Server 2008 Security
- Planning for the Application Server Role
- Planning for Windows Server 2008 High Availability
- Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
- Maintaining a Distributed File System on Windows Server 2008
- Planning for Windows Server 2008 Backup
- Managing Windows Server 2008 Restore
- Monitoring Windows Server 2008 Servers
- Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Hardware
- Troubleshooting Software Problems
- Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Networks